CenExel AMRI is seeking adult volunteers experiencing or at-risk for dementia to participate in our clinical trials. Although not a specific disease, dementia impairs the ability to remember, think, or make everyday decisions. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. Generally, dementia affects older adults, but it is not a normal part of the aging process. Because memory difficulties often occur in older adults, it is difficult to understand the difference between normal challenges with memory and dementia. Scientists estimate that more than 5 million adults over 65 years old suffer symptoms of dementia.
Individuals facing dementia will typically exhibit problems with:
- Reasoning, judgment, or problem-solving
- Visual perception (outside normal difficulties due to age)
In everyday life, these problems may manifest themselves in situations like these:
- Forgetting older memories
- Using uncommon words to describe common objects
- Needing help with otherwise mundane and individual tasks
- Forgetting names of close family members or friends
- Getting lost in familiar surroundings
CenExel AMRI conducts memory evaluations at no cost to you. This is one of the best ways to determine whether you or your loved one qualifies for a clinical trial at CenExel AMRI, and how to proceed with disease or symptom management.
Memory or other cognitive screenings are essential annual health visits for everyone aged 50 or older for many reasons, including:
- An open discussion about concerns
- A thorough review of medical history
- Review of current medications
- Review of family medical history
- A detailed explanation about memory loss
- Tests to determine if memory problems are present
- An explanation of the options currently available
After a thorough evaluation and review of the results of your no-cost memory screening, you will be notified if you qualify for a clinical trial. Additional screening procedures are required for trials.