CenExel AMRI is seeking adult volunteers in or at-risk for the final stage of Alzheimer’s disease. In this stage, dementia symptoms are the most severe. Individuals become incapable of having conversations, controlling movement, or responding to their environment. They may still have the ability to speak, but communication is very difficult and strained. Extensive care is needed as memory and cognitive skills degrade and the individuals face significant personality changes as a result.
In this stage of Alzheimer’s Disease, individuals commonly:
- Struggle to communicate
- Lose common physical abilities, like walking, sitting, and even swallowing
- Need constant assistance (24/7) with personal care
- Become disengaged from their surroundings and do not recall recent experiences
- Are extra vulnerable to infections, especially pneumonia
CenExel AMRI conducts memory evaluations at no cost to you. This is one of the best ways to determine whether you or your loved one qualifies for a clinical trial at CenExel AMRI, and how to proceed with disease or symptom management.
Memory or other cognitive screenings are essential annual health visits for everyone aged 50 or older for many reasons, including:
- An open discussion about concerns
- A thorough review of medical history
- Review of current medications
- Review of family medical history
- A detailed explanation about memory loss
- Tests to determine if memory problems are present
- An explanation of the options currently available
After a thorough evaluation and review of the results of your no-cost memory screening, you will be notified if you qualify for a clinical trial. Additional screening procedures are required for trials.