CenExel AMRI is seeking adult volunteers in or at-risk for the middle stage of Alzheimer’s Disease. This is usually the longest stage, lasting many years. The level of care required will increase as the disease progresses.
Throughout the middle stage of Alzheimer’s Disease, dementia symptoms become more pronounced. This typically causes the person suffering from the disease to get confused, frustrated, angry, and act in unexpected ways, such as refusing to take care of normal hygiene. As nerve cells in the brain become more damaged, individuals struggle to express their thoughts and perform familiar tasks without someone else’s help.
Although symptoms vary, they may include behaviors like these:
- Forgetting events or stories from personal history
- Feeling moody or detached
- Mixing up words or names
- Refusing or neglecting normal hygiene activities, like bathing
- Struggling to remember common information about themselves, like their phone number, address, or where they attended college or high school
- Being confused about the location or time
- Choosing inappropriate clothes for the season or an event
- Trouble controlling bladder/bowels
- Unusual changes in sleep patterns
- Increasing tendency to wander and become lost
- Breaks in personality, including suspiciousness, delusions, compulsions, or repetitive behaviors
CenExel AMRI conducts memory evaluations at no cost to you. This is one of the best ways to determine whether you or your loved one qualifies for a clinical trial at CenExel AMRI, and how to proceed with disease or symptom management.
Memory or other cognitive screenings are essential annual health visits for everyone aged 50 or older for many reasons, including:
- An open discussion about concerns
- A thorough review of medical history
- Review of current medications
- Review of family medical history
- A detailed explanation about memory loss
- Tests to determine if memory problems are present
- An explanation of the options currently available
After a thorough evaluation and review of the results of your no-cost memory screening, you will be notified if you qualify for a clinical trial. Additional screening procedures are required for trials.